Total Pageviews

Saturday, 5 January 2013

Rant

I'm in the mood to have a rant about something. This happens fairly frequently. So I've decided to start blogging them.

If you're offended by anything I write, I make no apologies its just tough and its your problem not mine.

So today's rant...

The way society has changed because of pathetic political correctness.

Today, living in England is shit. It really is. Political correctness has turned it into a place where although you have a so called freedom of speech, you actually have to be very guarded about what you say and how you say it. Actually even the words you use aren't always the problem, its how it is perceived or its assumed connotations.

There are places where you are not allowed to ask for a black coffee (ironically its ok to ask for a white coffee) in case you offend black people. There are always reports of traditional customs or celebrations being toned down or banned in case you offend people. The problem really lies in the fact that the law is set up in such a way as to allow these ridiculous things to happen. I have been subject to racism but wasn't taken seriously because I am white and racism is exclusively a white on black/Asian thing right?

Take sexism for example. A friend of mine recently told me that whilst waiting in a queue to get into his works Christmas function he offered for a female colleague to go in ahead of him and she actually replied saying "That's sexist". How fucking pathetic. Its called being gentlemanly. Now if that had happened to me I would have counted by saying "technically YOU are being sexist by making that accusation, if I was female and made the same offer you would not be in a position to say that, you're only saying it because I'm a man and therefore that is sexual victimisation". And to be honest if she had made any response I would have taken it further. People like this need to be taken to task. The issue I forsee is that I wouldn't be taken seriously. Why? because I'm a man and as everyone knows, men cant be subjected to sexual discrimination or victimisation.

This country has got it very very wrong. We pander to the minorities when our government is elected by the majority. Immigrants coming to England should respect our customs and traditions and if they are offended by them, then that is their problem not ours to change to suit. They should find another country that doesnt offend them.

Now whilst I accept that there are situations where sexism occurs and people are discriminated against on the basis of gender, I would just like to point out that this happens both ways. The women who complain and act like it only happens to their gender need to wake the fuck up and stop being a victim. It happens to men too. An interesting stat I read recently was that 24% of girls between the age of 16-24 had been a victim of violence or abuse from their partner. I don't know if anyone remembers the series of TV adverts highlighting this issue? It was quite prominent. Showing girls suffering verbal and implied physical abuse. Interestingly there was no campaign showing guys suffering the same abuse, this despite the stats showing that 22% of boys in the same age group have suffered similarly. So because of that extra 2% we highlight the problems girls have but not the ones that boys have. Gender inequality right there.

This brings me on nicely to recent developments in the motor insurance industry. Particularly that following a recent court ruling it is now illegal for insurance companies to offer discounted motor insurance to women. Funny that so many of the women shouting for gender equality, suddenly are up in arms because their desire suddenly costs them money. Well just suck it up. You're getting what you asked for. There's going to be hell to pay when it finally becomes a legal requirement that new fathers paternity leave matches maternity leave entitlement. But, maternity will no doubt be reduced to allow for this.

Now I've said all of this and no doubt some people will think I myself am a sexist man. Untrue! Im all for gender equality. Provided it is actually exactly that. EQUALITY. And in every single aspect of life, without exception. This even has to apply to things like police fitness tests for new applicants. Currently women have a reduced amount of the required sit ups, press ups etc and a slower time for the 1.5 mile run. That has to change. It should be on a par, otherwise equality isn't there.

One of the main problems today is that it has reached such a point whereby any man who questions equality policy or practice, is demonised. or labelled as being fearful of change or a dinosaur holding on to the past. That is another untruth. Its about time men were allowed to legitimately question these policies and stand up for their beliefs and defend their own rights. If that doesnt happen then we are no better than we were 50 years ago, 100 years ago and more.

I could actually go on all day about this but I think I've made my point.

Rant over!!


No comments:

Post a Comment